- Waste Industries is the service provider which handles the recycling for the Town.
- If you do not have a recycling can and need to obtain one, please contact the Revenue Department at (910) 703 - 8912.
- If you need to report that your recyclables have not been picked up or if you need a new can because your current one has been damaged, please submit your request via our convenient Public Works Portal or call the Public Works Office at (910) 497-3390 x 1607.
- Recyclables are picked up every other week.
- Spring Lake is divided into two (2) areas - east and west - based on geographic location divided by Bragg Blvd.
- and determined by your physical address.
- The recycling bin (cart) should be rolled to the curb for pick-up every other Wednesday.
- Carts should be placed at the curb for pick up prior to 6:00 am on the service day Wednesday.
- Backyard pick-up is available for disabled residents needing assistance. A doctor’s note is required for this service.
- Products, food, drinks, etc. MUST be removed from containers before being placed in the cart for recycling. The best way to accomplish this is to rinse them once.
- You do not need to sort your recyclables.
- Keep in mind that service times may vary from week to week. Routes may run late into the day so if you arrive home and your cart has not yet been serviced, please do not roll it in.
- Items not placed in the cart will not be picked up. All items, including cardboard boxes, needing to be picked up by Waste Industries need to fit inside the can in order to be picked up.
- Remember, do NOT pack or over stuff your can. Cans are emptied by a mechanical arm. If the contents of the can are packed to tight, it may not be emptied completely.
When placing your cart at the curb, please remember:
1. Place the cart so that the handle is facing your home (not your street)
2. Place your cart so that it is away from obstructions (such as mailboxes, power poles, cars, trees, etc. )
3. Placing your cart correctly at the curb will make it easier to dump and make it less likely to have waste spill out.
THINGS TO RECYCLE
• Newsprint with inserts & magazines
• Brown, clear and green glass
• Aluminum beverage containers, steel cans and plastic bottles
• Office paper and residential mixed paper (junk mail, catalogs and paper boards such as cereal/food boxes)
• Juice boxes and other drink packages
• Paper egg cartons and paper grocery bags
• Clean pizza boxes
• Holiday gift wrapping paper
• All plastic bottles (no motor oils)
• Plastic containers #1-7
• Must remove products, food drink, etc. from containers by rinsing once
THINGS THAT CANNOT BE RECYCLED
• Deli containers & Frozen food
• Containers (not falling in the above)
• Microwave dinner plates
• Plastic bags
• Plastic film or wrap
• Hazardous items
• Petroleum Products
Recyclables are picked up Monday thru Thursday, every other week. Recyclables are picked up on the same day as your weekly household trash, just every other week, based on your location. (The route maps are below. Once you determine your day - same as your trash - trash map is located on household waste page - you then determine the route. Routes are either A or B. The calendar for A route and B route are listed under the route maps.) If you need any assistance, feel free to call the Public Works Deptartment at (910) 497-3390.
When a holiday falls on your normal pick-up day, your refuse will be collected the next business day. All pick-ups, THAT WEEK ONLY, will be one day later.
Waste Industries recognizes the following days as holidays and is subject not to operate on those days:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Waste Industries Background Information:
The Public Works Department prides itself on providing outstanding service to the residents of Spring Lake. Recycling falls under the Sanitation Department which is under the purview of the Public Works Department.
- Mainteance Director: John Kleinert
- Sanitation Supervisor: David Vandergriff
The Public Works Department can be contacted by phone, mail or fax:
720 Tuscarora Drive
PO Box 617
Spring Lake, NC 28390
phone: (910) 497-3390
fax: (910) 436-1964
Spring Lake Town Directory