white goods/old furniture
- The Town of Spring Lake's Public Works Department is the service provider which handles the removal of white goods/old furniture for the Town.
- For general questions pertaining to white goods/old furniture removal removal, please contact the Public Works Department at (910) 497-3390.
- If your white goods/old furniture have not been picked up and you had it properly placed at the curb in time for pick-up,
please call Public Works at (910) 497-3390 or use the convenient Public Works Portal to report your issue. Please be sure to include your name, physical address and a phone number where you can be reached (should they have questions.)
- White goods/old furniture is normally picked up conjunction with household trash.
- All items must be placed curbside no later than 7:00 am on the scheduled day of pick-up.
- White goods/old furniture is picked up once (1x) per week.
- Items picked up as white goods/old furniture include but are not limited to stoves, refrigerators, air conditioners and other large appliances.
- Refrigerator and freezer doors MUST be removed before placing at curbside for pick-up. Please, remember the safety of children.
- Only one (1) pick-up per household per week.
- Call the Public Works Administrative Offices at (910) 497-3390 to schedule a special pick-up or with questions.
ITEMS THAT WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
- More than one (1) appliance/heavy furniture item per week.
There are certain items that will NOT be picked up as part of household waste, yard debris or white goods. They include:
- Any quantity in excess of one (1) tree greater than thirty (30) feet in height and/or eighteen (18) inches in diameter will be considered lot clearing and will not be picked up.
- Nothing over six (6) inches in diameter or longer than six (6) feet should be placed at curbside for pick-up.
- Materials such as car batteries, covered paint cans, fuel tanks, motor oil, hazardous materials, etc. These items are not acceptable for disposal at a sanitary landfill.
- Construction/demolition debris, debris generated by a commercial contractor or resulting from clearing and grading - especially no bricks, rock, dirt, etc.
- Any debris generated by commercial or for hire maintenance operations will not be picked up.
- No stumps or tree trimmings generated by commercial contractors; these should be removed by the contractor.
- Hot or live coals or fire.
- Garbage, trash or waste not properly placed or stored.
- Large bulky items such as car bodies, storage buildings, auto or truck tires, etc.
- Other materials restricted by Federal, State, County or Town ordinances.
(Please note: this is the schedule for White Goods (bulk items)/furniture. It is not and should not be confused with the schedule for Household trash and Recycling. Those pick-up schedules are posted on separate pages. For your convenience, links have been posted at the bottom of the page.)
South of NC 210, East of Bragg Blvd, 3rd - 7th St., Lakeview Gardens and south of Ruth St.
North of NC 210, Chapel Hill Rd., Weaver, McNeil St., Eva Cir. and Woodland West Subdivision
West of Bragg Blvd. (From Vass Rd south to Odell Rd.), Deerfield Sub-Division, Tram, Manchester & Vass Roads & part of Chapel Hill Rd
Odell Road, Old and New Holly Hills, Laketree and Manchester Forrest Subdivisions and South of Ruth Street
When a holiday falls on your normal pick-up day, your refuse will be collected the next business day. All pick-ups, THAT WEEK ONLY, will be one business day later. The Public Works Department follows the holiday schedule of the Town of Spring Lake which is adopted by the Spring Lake Board of Aldermen.
Picking up of White Goods (bulk items) and furniture is a service provided to residents by the Town of Spring Lake and falls under the umbrella of the Public Works Department. The Public Works Department is under the leadership and guidance of the Mainteneance Director, John Kleinert.
- Maintenance Director: John Kleinert
- Sanitation Supervisor: David Vandergriff
The Town of Spring Lake can be reached via mail, phone, e-mail or fax.
720 Tuscarora Drive
PO Box 617
Spring Lake, NC 28390
phone: (910) 497-3390
fax: (910) 436-1964
Spring Lake Town Directory